The Cornerstone Church Profile
The Cornerstone Church is a fast growing Church in Enugu that provides an environment of love and freedom for Christians who want to worship God intimately in spirit and in truth. The Church is a Word-base strong local church where believers are built up and nurtured by the word of God and the Holy Spirit into the fullness of Christ. In Cornerstone Church the people are equipped with practical insights from the word of God which they can apply in their daily living to fulfill the call of God for their lives.
We believe the effectiveness of a Christian cannot be measured by effectiveness and commitment to church work but it is measured by the Christian’s impact in the area of their calling leveraging on power of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.
The thought for the Church was placed in the heart of the visionary Pastor Murphy Okpala in the first week of January 2013, while he was still a Business Development Manager for a Department for International Development (DfID) Project. After several months of prayer the Church kicked-off with prayer meetings on the 22nd of June of the same year.
Our Mandate as a family is to S.E.T the World on the right path by:
- Showing people through our lifestyle what the kingdom of God is about, i.e. what the nature, rights, privileges, identity and work/responsibilities of the Christian and the Church
- Empowering people with the Word of God to prosper in life and live victoriously
- Teaching people and Nations the principles and systems of the Kingdom of God in such a way that they can practically apply them in daily living and Governance.
These are the collective goals of every member of the church as everyone has a part to play in order to fulfill this call. The members of the church are to live out these goals in their daily living. From this call it is obvious that the ministry is set out to be a ministry that reaches out. The Church is the training ground for the people that will reach out to other Christians and the World with the practical and demonstrated truth of God’s Word. We are not building a dynasty but an army of God.
The vision of the Church is to “build a people of prayer, praise and worship”.
In simple terms it means the vision is to raise people that are fully devoted to God, whose lives are founded on the Word and who will show forth God’s faithfulness in all their endeavors. People that are in the center of God’s will, having the nature of God and access to the wisdom and power of God.
Members of the Church will be built up to be influential in the areas of their endeavors using the wisdom and power of God, and not mere intelligence or human wisdom. We are building the Josephs, Daniels and Elijahs of our days.
This is what defines us as a Church and how we add value to people and society:
- For The Cornerstone Church Folks:
- An environment of love where they can express their gifts, creativity and calling in God without coercion, but out of freewill.
- Practical tools from the word of God that will help them grow, be fruitful and prosper in what they have been called by God to do
- Partake of the grace, spirit and covenant of the Church
- For External People: The value of the ministry to external people include
- Practical resources from the word of God for the empowerment of the saints.
- Strategic community development activities as lead by the Spirit of God. Particularly in the area of good governance and well being
Our Giving & Sustainability
The ministry is basically funded by freewill donations. This includes offerings, tithes and donations from members and donations from external partners.
We apply the kingdom principles of giving in the Spirit and receiving the harvest of our righteousness. We expect that we will always achieve a budget surplus as we apply this principle. Hence our giving increases geometrically annually.
Building a people of PRAYER, PRAISE & WORSHIP